Sunday, May 19, 2013

Handmade custom bike rack in Burma

Today's bike rack selection comes from a very special gal, Samantha (Ms. Finke if you're nasty)... she provided a veritable buffet of bike rack from Burma on a recent trip, where the variety is just astonishing. Don't believe me? Just take a look and tell me you're not blown away from the types of bike rack here.

The variety to the left is from the Swhedagon Palace in Rangoon. Very fancy - as bike rack in a palace would be - and intricate.

Slightly fancy. Just a little... 

Next up, some silver bike rack. While this similar to what we'd call the normal bike rack, the lines are horizontal and gussied up with a little bit of decoration. Ever so slightly fancy!
I am definitely saving some of the best for last though.  Feast your eyes upon these beauties (and I'm not just talking about S. Temaat or N. Kaine, either) - handmade. Teak. Custom. Bike rack.

Okay, I hear what you are saying. "But this isn't bike rack. This is barricade. You can't chain your bike to this!! That's breaking a rule!!" Fine, whatever. But it's in the spirit of bike rack, and serving the same purpose. And it's beautiful. So top bitching and check it out!


Ms. Temaat, giving this stuff a hearty thumbs up. I mean, who wouldn't want this at home to partition some stuff off? It'd make a very lovely headboard.





And to finish this post up, Mr. Kaine, giving us his best GQ pose. Nice work, everyone. Who knew the Burmese would really step up their bike rack game??

For showing who is who in the world of bike rack - THREE bicycles out of four, one of each of my dear friends featured in this post. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I feel like a good bike rack in Toronto is so hard to come by! I hope that changes...

    ReplyDelete